Did you know…Posted: August 25, 2010
- The Brazilian comic series Monica’s Gang features a green-colored Lhasa Apso named Fluffy which belongs to Jimmy Five.
- In the animated series Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, Peter’s Aunt May owns a lhasa apso named Ms. Lion.
- Lhasa Apso has also appeared in at least one episode of the Simpsons. In the episode Three Gays of the Condo, Homer Simpson moved in with a couple of gay men. Homer started to act like a gay man and got a Lhasa Apso. Also, Milhouse Van Houten owns a lhasa apso.
- In “The L Word”, Helena is assured by her wealthy mother that she was going to leave her inheritance to her, not to her Lhasa Apsos.
- Lhasa Apso are said to bring luck, hence the saying “Lucky Lhasa”.“.
- Singer Arturo Paz owns a Lhasa Apso named Coco, seen on Tiger Beat.
- Actress/Singer-Songwriter Keke Palmer has a Lhasa Apso named Rusty, seen in a picture on MTV Cribs.
- A Lhasa Apso is both a major character and a plot device in the Newbery Award-winning 1948 children’s novel, Daughter of the Mountains, by Louise Rankin (ISBN 978-0140363357).
- Singer Gwen Stefani had a Lhasa Apso dog called Lamb/Meggan.
- A Lhasa appears in Disney’s animated feature film Lady and the Tramp as the pound dog Peg.