10 reasons why you might not want an ApsoPosted: June 9, 2007
You may not want to get an Apso if:
- You want to be in charge. Apsos are in charge. The sooner you realize this truth the better off you are.
- You must think you are smarter than the dog. The average human IQ is about 100, the Apso above 150. Do not cross wits with an Apso.
- You think you know how to train a dog. Apsos are Zen masters; they will train you.
- You want to feed your dog manufactured pet food. He does not like corn. He does not like veggies. He is a meat eater.
- You want a dog you can choose to ignore until you decide to give him attention. Apsos refuse to be ignored.
- You do not want a dog with an attitude. Apsos will be alternately happy, sad, playful, angry, mischievous, and over-exuberant, but never mean. Just don’t cross him, or he will leave you a present on the floor!
- You want a dog that will sleep through a burglary. Unfamiliar sounds in the middle of the night will elicit the “wake the Mastiff” alarm bark from your Apso. You will wake up, believe me!
- You do not want a dog that will sleep on “your” pillow when you are trying to use it. He has decided that it is HIS pillow!
- You do not want a friend for life. If he chooses to love you, you will belong to him, not the other way around.
- You expect your dog to come when you call him. Apsos will come when they are damn good and ready! You got that?